Friday, June 26, 2009

Hello America!

Greetings! I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post. it seems like ages. so much has happened. its crazy. god is working in mozambique and in me in so many amazing ways. i have been hanging out with some kids from the village around our base and it has been a lot of fun. we play all the time. yesterday was mozambiques independence day so we had a fiesta on the beach. there were sodas and candy & it was so much fun.

i dont even know what to say about all the lord has been teaching me. i have been learning a lot about finding my identity in christ. christ in me the hope of glory! i am learning about my position as a beloved daughter of the king. i have always heard and read these things but he is revealing the truth of them into my heart and not just my head. i have felt the love of the father and it has been so so good and empowering. he is taking me deeper into him every day. it is so amazing. he is opening up my eyes to so much. we are learning about the power of his anointing and that he lives in us, giving us so much power and authority. ah it is so crazy. there is so much for to a life of following jesus than i ever experienced before. (sorry this is really spastic, i am here with my little mozambican brothers, showing them that michael jackson is indeed dead. they are shocked, as was i. he is a legend here. its really amusing to me) i am learning that god is really living and active and moving. he is speaking to me in new ways, it is so neat. ahh i just dont even know how to explain.

the warfare is heavy here because of all the advancement in kingdom. my days are kind of like a rollercoaster. some i wake up with so much joy, and some days with so much heaviness and tiredness. but i keep receiving grace to press into the school and classes and loving the kids.

i have one major prayer request- the boys who i always write about- carlito and fogar and hasam, the brothers. i have been hanging out with them everyday, as usual and i have really gotten to know and love them and the more time i spend with them the more i learn about them and the other night i was talking with carlito- the 13 year old and he opened up and told me about his abusive parents. it broke my heart. he cried as he showed me some of his scars and told me part of his story. we cried and prayed together. it has been really heavy on my heart. last night i was not able to sleep as i felt his pain and unrest. he wasnt able to go home last night because he was scared of the punishment that would await him at home. it just breaks my heart. so i ask you to be in prayer for the boys and their family. that there would be restoration. for the hearts of their parents. it has really opened my eyes up more to the calling god has on my heart for his children. the literal children. i know we are all gods children, but his little ones have especially been on my heart and i am discovering that i may have a lifelong call to help love and rescue his hurting or abandoned children. Heidi Baker keeps giving us messages about loving and serving the poor and they really strike something in my heart.

ok the boys are getting impatient in waiting for more news and videos about michael, so i am going to go devote some more attention to that.

thank you so much for you love and prayers and encouragement. they are so good for my heart. it makes me so happy to know you are reading my blogs and staying updated. i send you my love!

love love love
kelly

2 comments:

  1. i find technology interesting in that you are right on top of what is going on around the world. yes, michael is gone. he's all over the television, too. and the radio. pretty amazing.
    i can only imagine how overwhelming it has been to feel and experience all God is showing over you. i am thankful that you can even plunk out a few words.
    i look each day for an update and know that when you are not writing it is because you are busy living and experiencing. i'm so happy for how the Lord is filling your heart and you are hearing His call for your purpose.
    not that i'm a very good example of this, but be a listener. i'm trying very hard to adapt this worthy skill into my life. (i may have it tatooed on the insides of my eyelids!)
    listen to Him and his children. i'm envious of this time you are having. . . but rejoicing over how He is meeting and filling you. i cannot wait to hear more. know that the wids are thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for the boys. Love on! We love you. Always will, dear sister&friend.

    ReplyDelete