Saturday, July 4, 2009

Love. and be loved.

Hello everyone! Happy 4th of July! I hope you all are having a spectacular weekend to celebrate the independence! It's kind of funny to celebrate here amongst several Brits...

I just got back from my first Outreach experience. I spent the past 3 days/2 nights camping out in a village here in Mozambique about 3 hours from us here in Pemba. It was an intense experience. My spirit is so tired. We went through the village praying for people and seeing healings and people come to Jesus. It was really incredible. There were so so many children. It was actually a little overwhelming... especially when I tried to start handing out stickers. But God was good. We showed the "jesus film" each night and watched and prayed and layed hands on people as they gave their lives to jesus. We saw miraculous healings. 2 deaf people regained their hearing. many stomachs and headaches were healed. it was really incredible. the power of god was definitely displayed.

one thing the lord really taught me today is the importance of loving and being loved. we are learning so much here that sometimes me head is just left spinning. sometimes i have to question what i am being taught because it is all so new & some of it is pretty far out there. but god is my teacher and he is good. but i just had a revelation today of the importance of being loved by god and then giving his love away. i think that is all we should be about. i cant do anything without his love. i dont want to learn how to heal or see miracles or do any of the crazy things they talk about hear if i am not doing it for the purpose of love. any encounter i have with him, i want to draw me closer into the heart of my Father, only so i can pour out that love to others. i dont just want some crazy experience that i can relate back to my friends and family who werent there to see it. i want to experience the love of god so that i can share it with others, so i can bring them joy and hope and healing.
some people are a lot easier to love. like the poor. i could sit with them and love on them all day. thats easy for me. but then when i had to pile into a truck with all my team members and i was tired and cramped in, it was harder for me to love them. but thats what i am called to. loving everyone. sometimes i really stuggle with loving those who are closest to me. so i just want to sne out my apologies and ask for your forgiveness when i do a horrible job of representing our Fathers love. I hope to learn more about his love this summer so i can come back and love those around me with a fuller heart. i am so thankful for all of the love you have each poured into me.
so right now i am just praying for more love encounters with the lord. i want to be so full of him and his love that it just oozes out of me and becomes easier and easier to love those around me. i want to see lives and hearts changed for the sake of love. thanks for joining with me in prayer.

thanks for reading. i hope you all are doing well back in the states or wherever you may be. i am so so thankful for all the prayers and encouragement. i'm praying that you all experience some amazing love encounters with the Father. i love you.
kelly

5 comments:

  1. i just prayed that for you last night! God blows my mind. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this morning I was reading my book Mountain of spices. And I read this "...every human heart needs both to love and be loved."
    Thought it was for sure a GOd moment for me! Im praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just this morning (sunday, July 5) I walked down the hall at CSPC with Ginny, Glenn & Trent and touched the words on the new hall collage that say "LOVE ONE ANOTHER." - "This is what we are called to do," I said. I am celebrating that we are across the world from each other and processing the same core truth. We can have amazing experiences and not do them out of love and just be like clanging cymbals. Thankful that the Holy Spirit can pour HIS Love into our emptiness! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good! I was thinking about what I would comment while the computer loaded this page and then I saw all the other comments and I was amazed! Even while we are in Africa, we are still living parallel lives! So many times this past week I was wondering what my purpose was here, what am I learning. And through you, and my parents devotion, and so many other things I'm learning that it is so simple. Love. I know sometimes it is hard to practice, but you are right on in acknowledging its paramount importance. I can't wait to see you again and share many more experiences! Love you and praying for you every day sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I cant even put into words the huge smile i feel on my heart and my face as i read each of those comments. hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete