Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Whew...

Greetings again!

Things have been going great here this week. I am meeting with the Lord every day in new ways. Getting "wrecked" as they like to say here. This week David Hogan has been speaking to us. He and his ministry have raised over 500 people from the dead. It is some pretty crazy powerful stuff. He is a little intimidating and I am not a huge fun of his method of preaching because he is very very harsh, but he is full of the Holy Spirit and the Lord is using him for great works.

I'm sitting here at the cafe with some more of my favorite kids, Carlo, his little brother and some friends. They follow me everywhere now, but I like it most of the time. They are really precious, helping me to translate and get around town. Lots of fun.

Every day I am learning more about the Lord and it has been so good. I am just so full of his joy and goodness today. I realized that I don't have the capability to love others unless I am first madly in love with Him. He woke me up refreshed and full of love today. And it is beautiful.

We had an intense time of prayer and repentance after our class with David Hogan today and it was really good. Hard, but good. I was really convicted about my unwillingness to die to self. I keep realizing that more and more each day. How I want to be in control of my life, instead of letting go and allowing Jesus to guide and direct my every word and movement. It's going to mean lots of dying, daily. And lots of changes. But I am eager to press into it. Scared, but eager.

We have only been here a little over a week but I already feel the Lord doing huge works in me. It is exciting and frightening all at the same time.

Again, I thank you for remembering me in your prayers. I am working to be in prayer for each of you daily as well. Thank you thank you thank you.

blessings,
kelly

sorry if this is really sparatic and disconnected, i am a little distracted by my young mozambican friends...

love you!

4 comments:

  1. i love you kelly! praying for you lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking... how long of a hike is it for you to get to the village to use pooter? i love kelly!!
    still praying for you lots and lots! always! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kelly!!
    so glad to hear that you are in tune with your heavenly father. so good to hear how He is working there and in your heart. i know what you mean about it being scary!! sort of like a heavenly rollercoaster ride, huh?
    i am praying for you and chelsey. so thankful for your willingness to share and post on a blog. i for one and following your every word. blessings to you as you continue to discover and explore. not only the people of moz but also the Lord.
    love you!
    kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. kelly!!!

    Hi my beautiful friend! i have discovered your blog.... :) & am now going to stalk you like crazy on it! be prepared! ps: i love you & am praying for you & your time in mozambique is sounding so awesome & challenging. i am fo sho praying hard for Christ to fill you up every single day- so that you dont have room to miss us back here so much.... :) he-he.

    i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you. LOADS & LOADS.

    ReplyDelete