Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hello everybody!

I hope you are all doing well. I have finished my first week of classes. Wow. It has been such an intense week. I don't really even know where to begin. As I sit here at the computer writing to all of you, I'm noticing that I am really homesick. I miss you all lots and lots. I would really appreciate you prayers for comfort and for peace...

It's been a busy week. We heard from Heidi Baker and from Randy Clark a few times. They both have incredible ministries and shared a lot of their stories, which were really incredible and encouraging. One of my favorites was Randy's story of Gideon in Judges 6-8 and how God called and used Gideon, who was so weak and small and inadequate. But the Lord called him a great warrior. And so he became one and God used him in incredible ways. I was really glad to be reminded that the Lord can use us even when we are week and inadequate and unknowledgable. Very glad.

The children here are so precious. I realized I haven't written or told you anything about them. They are so sweet. My new friend Nelson is sitting next to me here in the cafe. He pretty much goes everywhere with me. He is not an Iris kid but he lives in the village and comes by every day. He speaks a little english and portuguese and makua (the main language spoken here, which we are trying to learn, and is really difficult). He is so smart. He helps me with my translations. He says he is 13, but he looks like he is about 10 or 11. Everyone here is much smaller though than in the states. Anyway, Nelson is great. He has become a good friend. The kids here are so much fun. They love to walk alongside and hold your hand any chance they get. Yesterday I went over to the toddler house (where kids from babies- age 7ish hang out) and i brought over some nail polish and spent time painting all the girls nails. it was so much fun! even the tias (the... i guess we might call them nannies, or caretakers) wanted me to do their nails. it was a great time.

i have tons more i could write about but limited time and people are waiting so i'm going to run on. please continue to keep me in your prayers as i do the same for all of you. the lord has been good and gracious to me everyday and i am so thankful for that. he has given me amazing roommates to love and encourage me. thank you thank you thank you!

lots of love

kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment