Monday, June 15, 2009

I never know how to title this thing...

Today we began week 3! Crazy. It was been so good. This weekend was our first chance to have some serious free time. No early mornings and lots of time to just do whatever we wanted. On Saturday I took a couple of my boys (the 3 brothers who I love and adore and have basically spent every hour of free time with. their names are Carlitu, Fogar, and Hasam) to the beach. We had a great time splashing around in the beautiful, clear water.

Yesterday we went to church, which is always a fun experience here. Everyone is so alive. The Spirit is moving, active. Everyone is up and dancing and singing praises to the Lord. It is so beautiful. It reminds me of the last couple of Psalms- all about praising the Lord.

We have been spending a lot of time here learning and hearing testimonies about God's amazing power of healing. It is something I have never really heard much about actually happening in present times. But holy cow. The spirit is at work here. Teams here have seen tons of healings. I myself have only seen a few, but it is enough to change my way of thinking and praying. Like last week, Hasam (the youngest of the 3 brothers that I spend time with. I think he about 5) came into class and fell alseep in my lap, but he had a really deep chest cough (like bronchitis) and he was having a hard time sleeping because of it so I was just praying over him as he layed there. Then later on that day the kids told me that he was really sick and getting worse. He was so lethargic and it just broke my heart. His oldest brother- Carlitu, told me that the next day they were going to take him to the hospital to be looked at. So I prayed for him through the night, that his cough would be healed and that he would feel better and all of that and the next day, he shows up spunky & happy and didn't cough the whole day! we went to the beach, we played and ran all day and he was fine. Praise jesus! It was so neat to see the power of the Lord at work. I could give countless more stories of the Lord at work here and his powerful healing- the blind are seeing, the deaf hearing, it is crazy.

The Lord is doing lots in my heart, teaching me more every day. I am still having to work on resting in Him, not striving so much. It is hard, but good. He is meeting me every day.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and words of encouragement. I really cannot tell you how much each one of them means. I am so thankful for you, as my community of believers.

Please keep praying for my ability to handle everything that is being poured into me. There is so much to take in and sometimes I struggle to find time to want to be around any of the other students here with me. I hope to work up more of a desire to spend time with them, building community but it is hard when i want to spend all of my time either processing everything by myself, or playing with the kids.

thanks again for the love and prayers.
press on
kelly

4 comments:

  1. i seriously don't understand why you don't simply explode with all you are taking in. i can certainly understand the desire to be alone or with those you have come to love. . . i'll be praying for your processing abilities and for the desire to be in community. this may also help your processing, believe it or not!
    so glad you are taking the time to remember and tell while you are away.
    thinking about you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are blogging your experiences! Just know that I am praying for you, and your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you roommate :) i love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so thankful to be able to read your words after being gone for the last month. So thankful for the ways the Spirit has been prompting intercession. When you share specifics about how we can pray it is really a gift! I love you, Princess!

    ReplyDelete