Thursday, July 5, 2012

it's a beautiful life.


Hello beautiful saints of God,
I’m sorry I have not done well at writing updates. I get wrapped up in all that is happening here and I am not sure how to relay it all.
This school of students is really beautiful. We have been having a wonderful time together pursuing the presence and Kingdom of God. Jesus is so at work in each of us, changing and transforming our lives. We are becoming image bearers of God. It’s really beautiful.
I am not sure what to update on... Things have been really wonderful here. My days are full with classes, administration work, worship, time loving on students, resting, seeing Fogas and other friends from the village.
Ah, here is an amazing testimony from last week Monday. I went with a few of the girls from my house to go visit Fogas and his family in the village. Before we went I was told one of Fogas’ older brothers, Lucas was in the hospital. So when we got to the home everyone was a bit somber and worried about Lucas. So we all prayed together for his healing and for peace. As we prayed I was reminded of the story in the bible where a man comes to Jesus and tells him about his son who is sick and needs healing. He says he knows Jesus can heal him, all he has to do is say it. Jesus blesses him & honors his faith & says his son will be well. As the man returns home, someone meets him along the way and tells him that his son was healed at the exact hour Jesus said it would be so. Ha! What an amazing Jesus. So I am  praying, fully expecting Lucas to be healed. We hang out at the house for a few hours, eating and fellowshipping with their beautiful family. After eating I tell them I will go to the hospital to check on Lucas, because they are also telling me there will be hospital bills which they cannot pay for and they are asking for my help. So I feel prompted to go to the hospital and see the actual situation, and visit my friend Lucas rather than just hand them a wad of money. 
So, we set off on an adventure to the hospital! My friend Julianne, Fogas and his younger brother Asam come along and we hop in a taxi to the hospital. We get there and have quite a difficult time finding where Lucas might be. His name isn’t on any records of sign ins and they are just sending us to look through each hall of the hospital. It’s really hilarious because we are in and out of abandoned and full hospital wings. We are roaming around with Fogas & Asam (who are actually not allowed because they are children) but we need them to help us translate. After about an hour of searching we find Lucas’s name is on the list which says he is in the one wing of the hospital where visitors aren’t allowed. haha. So... the hospital staff at this point is a bit annoyed & is asking us all to leave, especially the boys. So we walk out, but Julianne says to me that I need to go back in because we have searched for so long & I need to see him. So I go back in, praying Jesus gives me favor, and an ability to speak without a translator... and guess what happens... Jesus hears and responds! I go in, wait in line to talk to some man in white coat who everyone is trying to talk to. I explain to him in broken Portuguese my situation- that I have a friend who is like family in the hospital and I would like to see him and help pay for anything he needs while he is here in the hospital. The man smiles and agrees to let me go see Lucas immediately! ha! So then I wander into the prohibited area and I’m looking all around for him, not finding him anywhere. A nurse approaches me to ask what I am doing & I tell her the name I am looking for. She steps into a room & then comes out with Lucas’s release papers! Because he was already gone! Because God healed him and he was able to go home! Come on! Praise Jesus. So good. 
So it was quite a beautiful adventure of love. God is good. He is healer. He hears our every request. We went home & found Lucas healed and happy.
I love serving this altogether beautiful, worthy, lovely God.
Thanks for sharing in the adventure. Thanks for all your prayers and love.
Blessings!
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful story! Yaayyy Jesus!! Thank you so much for sharing, and for being such a beautiful light. Love you, always.

    ReplyDelete