Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Outreach to the BushBush


Oh the BushBush was amazing. My team was incredible. They are all so filled with the power and love of God. We traveled 3 hours drive on the back of our big Iris trucks with 40 or so people to go share the love of Jesus. We had our Harvest School students, a team of 10 Scottish visitors, and our Mozambican brothers ready to love and serve. I was so blessed to lead alongside one of Heidi’s closest sons, Pascoal. He is a new hero of mine. He carries the heart of Jesus in an amazing way, full of love and compassion. His story is one of the relentless love of Jesus and how He completely transforms lives and fills His people with love and holiness. I was so blessed by my time learning from this mighty man of God.
Our first night our team arrived a bit late and we set up our tents and headed out to a big field to show the Jesus film, preach and pray. We had a pretty large group turn out. The projector ended up not working so we improvised with some skits and testimonies. We introduced ourselves and I was blessed to get to share with the crowds about how much Jesus loved them. I told the crowd how He called me all the way from America to this little village in Mozambique just to see their beautiful faces and tell them in Makhua (the heart language) “Yesu nau fenta” - Jesus loves you :) It was beautiful. Faces lit up. Hearts were filled. So many decided to give their lives to Jesus. hallelujah.
Then we invited any who wanted any sort of healing to come forward. This is my favorite story- A Mozambican Mama with a baby strapped around her back came up & wanted prayer for a headache. We prayed a bit and I asked her if it was better. She said it was a little better, so I said let’s pray more. As I prayed I asked God-when she is healed, let it manifest in a smile. (In the culture here I almost never smiles when they receive healing. They just walk away with same solemn countenance they had when they came to ask for prayer) So we are praying and within seconds a HUGE BEAUTIFUL smile comes across her face- “Uhovona?” (are you healed?) Yes! She is so happy she is beaming. And she proceeds to follow me, laying hands on and praying for all the other women around us with headaches as we continue seeing Jesus touch and heal His beloved Bride. Wow. My God is so good. He didn’t have to fill her with joy as he healed her, he didn’t have to show me that smile. But He loves us so much and His heart delights in bringing us joy. It was so special.
So that was night one. Night two was just a continuation of glory and goodness. We were able to get a  different projector so we could share the Jesus film- hallelujah the full Gospel was shared! We preached and prayed and saw so many people decide to give their lives to Jesus. We saw deaf ears open, headaches be healed, stomach aches be healed, joy replace mourning and grief, we saw Love manifest. It was beautiful. 
We also spent time walking through the village, spending time with people, hearing a bit of their stories and praying with them. Everywhere we went we saw God’s love manifest in healing and salvation. I am just overwhelmed by the kindness of God.
I could write pages and pages of all that we saw & all that God accomplished... It’s amazing. But I am very tired and very much in need of rest :)
Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your love. Thank you for sharing in the story.
So much love to each and every one of you. I am so blessed as you share in the story with me. May your hearts be richly blessed and encouraged as you hear the testimonies of our King. I pray it provokes you to hunger for more. I pray we are never satisfied with what we have seen and experienced but that we always want more. I pray that as we continue to seek Him out, we would find Him in new and amazing ways.
Love you,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing Kelly! He is so, so, so good. all the time. Love to you! Please get some rest tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete