Sunday, June 3, 2012

With love, from Pemba


Lord bless this Pemba internet :) This is the first time I have been able to really successfully use the internet since being in Pemba, other than wifi on my phone. So sorry for the delay in updating :)
So much love to everyone back home and all around the world. It’s been a glorious first couple weeks back in Pemba. Every day I wake up overwhelmed by the goodness of God. I am so blessed to be here in this place I love surrounded by so many people.
My house is now full of new students for the Harvest School. I have 12 beautifully amazing women to share life and space with over the next 10 weeks. We have already shared laughter and tears and prayers and meals it has been such a beautiful time. I am really excited for what Jesus has in store for this season. Thank you so much for your continued prayers as I love on and minister to these twelve girls from 5 different nations & all different ages. Such a beautiful Kingdom picture.
I have been reunited with the Mozambican brothers I love so much. Last weekend I was reunited with Fogas and his family at church. I can’t express in words the joy I had as Fogas saw me for the first time, ran towards me yelling “I’m going jump you!” and leapt into my arms. We worshipped together in church, mostly just hugging each other and praising God that He is so good to allow us to be reunited again. My God is so good. I then got to go to his house while his mom made us all delicious lunch & I got to hold his 2 new baby nieces! His older sister & his older brother have each had baby girls. ah they are so beautiful!
I am so thankful for all of your prayers. Sorry it is late here and I am exhausted from all that has happened this week, 300 students arriving, getting everything in order, preparing for the school and all that it entails :) I’m thankful for your prayers for sustained energy in it all! :) 
Tomorrow morning we start classes! I have such an eager anticipation for this school. The students have all come so hungry to know more about Jesus and His heart. It is so beautiful to see. I know Jesus is going to be at work transforming lives in this season as we continue to press into Him. He keeps reminding me that it is all about Him and seeking out His heart. Everything flows from knowing Him. ah He is so good and I love Him so much.
This weekend I will be leading the first teams into the BushBush for outreach! Hallelujah! We are taking the name and love of Jesus into new places and seeing His goodness transform lives! He is going to bring healing and wholeness and salvation & He is going to use us, His children, to do it. Wow. What a humbling and incredible joy we have set before us. Please be in prayer for us as we go out. Prayers over the teams health and travels. Prayers as we enter into new territories that the Spirit of God would go before us making a way. That there would be a hedge of protection around us all. That the Gospel would go out in Power! That we would see His love on display in healings and signs and wonders. :) Ah He is so good and He has it all mapped out. Pray for me as I lead the team and help train the new staff on leading outreach. Haha I can’t believe this is my life. Taking out the Gospel & equipping others to do so. Wow. Jesus. Also pray that our team would quickly bond as family. It will be a new dynamic for me to lead an outreach so early in the school when we haven’t had time to really bond and get to know each other yet, but I know the Lord will be at work to unite us quickly. It’s going to be amazing. I can’t wait to post about all He does!
Love you all so much. Sorry for a disjointed blog. Just trying to post but needing to sleep. I love you all. I am so blessed by your prayers. You are incredible. 
May you be constantly undone by the Love of your Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer. 
Blessings,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Love you dear kelly! I am so proud of you:) May Jesus truly sustain you as you walk in Holy Spirit and carry His peace. I pray you are so filled up and encouraged EVERY DAY!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete