Monday, July 13, 2009

the Joy of the Lord is Our Strength

:) Thank you so much for all the prayers and encouragement. Days are flying by. I cant believe more than half my time here has already gone by. SO much has happened and it has just been so glorious! The Lord is teaching me so much and I cannot wait to come home and share the love and stories with each of you.
I hope you are all doing well back home. I am super excited because the team from cedar springs is coming in on friday! hallelujah for familiar faces!
today we had a really good church service with the mozambicans and it was such a joy. i love worship here because it is such a full on experience. we dance and sing & there is such freedom. today one of the older widows pulled me around and we danced and then she led me on stage where we danced with many other kids and women. it was so much fun. i cant wait to share pictures. then there was a really amazing prayer time where the lord hit me again with his love. he is so good. so so good. i am just so thankful to be serving such and amazing god.
thank you for all the love and prayers. sorry for another disjointed blog. i never know how to gather my thoughts on these things and i feel so rushed with the mozambican internet... not to mention my 4 brothers are here with me learning to play pinball and solitaire... oh the joys of modern technology.
i love you all!
kelly

3 comments:

  1. i know how exciting it will be to see familiar faces! i'm slightly jealous to be experiencing a summer on the home front. no travel = no um travel. i'm not going to lie. it's hard to stay home. really.
    but enough about me!!
    i am praying for you kelly and love to hear you share your heart, even when it is super jumbled. i'll be praying for your remaining time, that it would be RICH, and FULL and that the Lord would be in the absolute CENTER of it all.
    treasure and record every single minute. and if you get a chance, hug the heck out of chelsey and tell her it's from me.
    love you and can't wait to hear every livin-detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful for faces coming to bring with them love from those of us who are praying and loving from afar! Miss you much and cannot wait to hear stories! He is near!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the cedar springs crowd has been a great blessing to you this week! May the Lord refresh you today, kelly, and fill you with His strength!
    Bah! I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete