Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Adventure Continues


It’s 3:30am here in Johannesburg, South Africa and I am lying awake in bed praising God for His goodness and faithfulness. I am overwhelmed by His unchanging love and faithfulness. In just a few short hours He is returning me to a place and a people my heart has so fallen in love with. 
Thank you all for your prayers and devotion over the last months. I have felt the Lord’s hand of protection and provision over me as I have prepared to return to Mozambique. Everything came smoothly and easily- visas, finances, flight arrangements. I am still in awe of the ease of everything. I know it comes as the result of prayers and the decision to abide in Him and allow Him to handle every detail. As we rest in Him He cares for our every need. Thank you God.
I also want to thank each of you for your support and prayers as I had my surgery in March. I should have posted sooner- but everything went wonderfully. It was really easy and all the test results came back negative for cancer. Hallelujah! As I went and visited the doctor just last week he informed me that my thyroid levels were perfectly normal (even though I only have half a thyroid left in my body) and so PRAISE JESUS I don’t have to even take any supplements. God is so good and He cares for our bodies perfectly. Thank you for all the prayers and love sent up on my behalf.
I am so eager and expectant for this next season. I am so honored to be able to continue loving and serving my God in a place that is so dear to my heart. I am looking forward to meeting up with new and old friends tomorrow and in the next days as the rest of the school staff continue to arrive. I am eager to meet the new sisters I will have in my house to love and care for. My heart jumps at the thought of seeing my Mozambican family again. 
As I step back into the Pemba dirt I am so so very thankful for your prayers-
prayers for wisdom as I love on and minister to the new students (297 in counting for this next school)
prayers for my family and my heart as we adjust to being apart again
prayers as I and the other 37 staff finish up all the preparation for the upcoming school- construction of new houses and beds, provision of supplies for each house, preparation in our hearts for all that is in store, openness to hear what the Lord is saying about this next school
Thank you all for your love. I have been overwhelmed, yet again, by everyone’s encouraging words and prayers over the last months. I am so blessed by His body here on earth. I pray you would each know the power of your willingness to be obedient to Him in all that you say and do, and that you would receive all the blessings and benefits of your obedience.
So much love to you all. Many blessings. May the Lord continue to reveal Himself and His heart to each of us. That is my one desire. To know Him more, to hear His voice and to follow wherever it beckons. May we all be strengthened with His power, with His love, and with His joy. 
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to follow your blog and hear about your time! Im praying for you and for Pemba!

    ReplyDelete